Released: June 11, 2023
Sometimes things go slower than we’d like, or they don’t work correctly. This version of Ryuusei improves how the app handles a bunch of situations like those!
- Improved performance when quickly making multiple changes to a list item. Previously, if AniList or your connection was running slow, sometimes your changes would seem to be reverted or otherwise not end up how you’d expect. This is fixed!
- If Ryuusei is suspended in the background and you make changes to your list on another device or on the AniList website, when you open Ryuusei again it now automatically refreshes your list data
- Data on the Discover page is automatically refreshed after a day or so
- Loading indicators are shown when updating the status of an item on your list, and when updating the progress or score of an item is going a bit slow
- Refreshing the Notifications tab no longer clears out the list, which looked weird and occasionally resulted in showing the wrong data after the refresh was done
- Added specific error messages for when requests are being rate limited by AniList and when an item cannot be found
- Improved error messages throughout the app. Error popups are less wordy, and error banners give more information about the problem.
- Greatly improved performance when loading large lists
- Shortened the amount of time the app will wait for network requests to finish
- Viewing the Profile tab while the app is still busy logging in now shows a loading indicator instead of incorrectly showing a Log In button
- Fixed an issue where viewing enlarged cover images on iPad while using multitasking modes would display the image incorrectly
- Fixed crash on Discover pages when loading indicators were tapped